Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 7 Photo Challenge: Screenplay Cover




Politik is a screenplay that I have been thinking about doing. It is about the millions of Americans who are without insurance and are unable to get any kind of help anywhere. This story resonates with me personally because my mother is one of those Americans who are ill without health insurance.


When I was in my last couple of years of high school, my mother's health started to decline rapidly. She was missing work because she literally lost control of her entire body. Her muscles would spasm uncontrollably. One minute she would be fine, and then the next, she would be struggling to walk, pick up a glass, etc. My worst fear was that she would fall down the stairs when I was at school.


She has seen multiple doctors and still no diagnosis. She has tried to work since but ended losing her job because of her illness. She has since started a new job, in hopes that she will make it to get insurance again. It saddens me. I know that there are millions of people in similar situations and wanted to shine a light on the seriousness of the problem.


Politik will be an adaptation of the stories of the millions dying on some of the richest soil in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment